Sunday

Just a Really Incredibly Fun Day

It's been awhile since we have gone out, with no plan of doing anything at all and had a really good time.

So around 3:30 yesterday I had planned on going grocery shopping at a couple of different stores and that was it. Well in turn we ended up driving all over town with the camera snapping pictures and we had a wonderful time.

My son tried to get out of going with us, but Michael and I drug him along.... and much to his surprise, he had a ton of fun. The only thing everyone needs to know about Michael is simply this, no matter what he is doing he makes sure it is the best time he could ever possibly have. He lives by the rule that life is too short to not make the most of everything you do. Always laugh and always smile.... And now that my son and myself are seeing this everyday, its nice to just let go of all of the rules and have a good time.

The best thing about driving around with no plan and a camera is you really see some incredible things.

The first place we went to was the Chinatown Food Market by the City Market area of downtown.



I love going to this place. You see the craziest and coolest items. Not to mention that everything is fairly cheaply priced for the amount you get. I ended up buying some crawfish which ended up with us having a huge crawfish boil last night. Talk about some damn good food. I love food that lets you get messy so this was perfect... I also ended up buying some LoMein Noodles and meat filled Dumplings... Damn I love this food....

However, its just fun walking around and looking at all of the imported items and then heading to the back of the store where they have the live seafood. My son couldn't decide whether to be really grossed out by everything he saw or just be in complete awe... It was hilarious...





After leaving there we drove around for awhile. We saw everything from graffiti and murals on buildings to a Ferrari that my son is convinced shall one day be his.



We ended up down at Crown Center and Union Station. My son had not been there in years so we went everywhere. First it was into the Crayola Store where we played with some colors and made some pictures....





We ended up in everything from stores with nothing but model trains, to toy stores and candy stores.



Then we left and wandered through the sky walk tunnels. My son was in a world of his own and I loved it. He has been stuck in a world that is filled with a computer, a telephone and tons of girls calling my house. This was good for him... He got out and saw the world and loved it...







Did I mention that Michael likes to pick up on hot chicks in my presence???


***SNICKERING***
Pickin' up on Cardboard Chicks....

Now back to the post at hand....

Opening your eyes and looking at the world around you is a good thing. It can make you appreciate what you have and give you a yearning for the things you don't have. It can make you realize how good you have it and how lucky you are to have the people in your life that you do have. It makes you thankful to simply wake up each and every day and just breathe....

We had a truly great time yesterday and these pictures here are only a sampling of it all. My life is a good one. Yes its filled with chaos and craziness from time to time, but hey... I smile, I laugh and I love..... It's all good :)

6 comments:

Scarlett said...

I am SO glad to hear that You are doing better and having fun. I understand what you mean in this post as I have been dealing with some similar situations. It looks like you and Blu and your son are all having fun! Keep it up!

PS... how's the new job going so far? Great I hope.

Take care,
scarlett

The Lone Beader® said...

Hahaha!!! Looks like you had a blast. And, I love Chinatown, but those fishies are scary.. LOL

Aunt Jackie said...

Great pics!! Your son is so handsome... Love the one of you kissing his cheek!

Chal, I think we all feel chaotic and crazy at times, If we did not we couldn't enjoy and appreciate those special magic times like the one you just described. We have to be thankful for all ups and downs!!!

Glad to see you post. :)

Bardouble29 said...

I was missing you! How is the new job going?

Those are some great pictures! Love the sepia toned one of your son! And the one of Blu of course!

Sirdar said...

Sounds like you had a great time. We have one of those Oriental stores in West Edmonton Mall. OMG!! Some of the stuff they sell there would make a North American gag. But, if that is what they eat...maybe were just being too fussy.

You are right in that it is good to get out once in a while and just do something, anything.

Today, my wife and I went to the Home and Garden Show. No kids though...

MrRyanO said...

Looks like a fun time!