Monday

Nuthin' But Stuff

This weekend was another one of those weekends where we ended up having a ton of fun just hanging out together.

I love weekends like this...

Friday night after picking Michael up from work we all watched "The Gridiron Gang". Talk about a tear jerker of a movie. I love these feel-good movies like this but when you can't quit crying while watching can drive you crazy. My son ended up falling asleep in the floor with his blanket and pillow about 1/2 way through it. Even at the age of 13 he is still very sweet looking when he passes out like that.

Saturday night Michael and I went to see Grindhouse. What a trip of a movie that is! I loved it! The way they put it together like something out of the 70's just made it that much better. It was funny to see what looked like little hairs on the screen along with all of the fuzziness and grain. So if you really like old cult classics, I suggest you go and see this movie because it is definitely worth the 3 1/2 hours in the theater.

Yesterday after eating a huge late breakfast we all got dressed and went to Water Works park to see their Disc Golf Course. Michael first introduced me to disc golf awhile back. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's playing golf with a Frisbee type disc except the disc's come in all sorts of different weights. The object of the game is just like golf in the sense you have to get the lowest score possible after the 18 holes. But they aren't really holes. They are baskets with metal chains wrapped around them to grab the disc when it hits so it falls directly into the basket. Definitely a cool game. You can check out some info on it here. So here in the next couple of weeks we have decided to buy some discs so all of us can go out and play. It should be fun as well as a hell of a work out considering the courses are very hilly and have lots of trees.

But today, its back to the grind. Back to the lovely world of collections! I don't mind Mondays so much though because I get to only work 4 hours instead of a full shift. Very nice way to start the week :)

Have a terrific day everyone!

5 comments:

Aunt Jackie said...

Well, that definitely pads Monday a little... I'm Jealous! :) Of course, I'm still campaigning for the '5 day weekend/2 day work week plan'...

Have brilliant Idea, will travel... lol

Glad your weekend was nice, I pulled my back the other night doing squats and deadlifts so I'm still dealing with a pulled muscle or something...

TA for now :D

Bardouble29 said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Wooohooo!

Sirdar said...

I've played disc golf before. It is fun and it takes a little skill too. We have Bocce Balls. Apparently we enjoy that :-)

Chalice said...

AJ.. It definitely helps only working half days on a Monday! I love having a little bit longer of a weekend :) But I really like your idea..so much so that I think I will suggest it at work today. This ought to get me a little laugh...

BD.. It was a great weekend!

Sirdar, never heard of Bocce Balls. Now you have me curious and I am going to have to check it out.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I am so excited...I didn't know if you were going to be that into or not . It is a lot of fun and a decent workout too...

Bocce Ball? Hmmmm?

Later...