Monday

Just a Good Thought....

Lately, I have been having entirely too much fun! Wait! That doesn't sound right? How can I have too much fun? Honestly, I don't think there is such a thing......

So I will start over....

Lately, I have been having So Much Fun!!!

Life is so crazy. There are so many things happening in my life lately that most people would run screaming down the street pulling their hair out as they go. I do need to correct part of that statement..... Our lives have been that way. I have to mention Michael and my son in that because they are as affected by everything as much as I am. Besides, we are a family and families deal with everything together right???

But regardless of how crazy, monotonous, hard or whatever other descriptive word you can find to call life I am just happy as hell because we have managed (and pretty darn good if you ask me) to stay focused and positive. We have found the fun in each other.

It doesn't matter if Michael is doing some crazy ass jig in the middle of the living room floor or my son is telling one of his off the wall jokes, its always fun.

There was a time when my outlet of fun was sitting on this computer. It didn't matter what I was doing it was my source of entertainment.

Now things are different.

I share my life with someone who makes the world fun. He is silly and unique. The bottom-line is this... Michael is himself.

He spends time with myself and my son. What else could we ask for?

Now don't get me wrong, I still love getting on the computer from time to time, but nothing like before. I use to spend hours and hours on the computer every day but now, not even close. I have a great family to occupy my mind and time.

And you know what? For the first time in a long time, I truly believe all of us are happy.

I refuse to sugar coat it all though. I won't make you think we are some perfect sitcom family because its far from it. We have our moments of sadness and tension. But who doesn't? We have just kept in mind that none of that really matters as long as you have family and friends who love and care about you. We make it through the rough times by talking about and then making sure we laugh afterwards.

There once was a time when I hated life but guess what? I love it now more than ever.... And believe it or not, happiness really isn't that hard to get. You just need to sit back and enjoy the world around you. Take it in and try not to miss a thing. But most of all, try and make it fun. Be silly. Act the fool on occasion! And always smile :)



These are a couple of picture from when we went down to Crown Center weekend before last. A day when fun and silliness reigned supreme!

2 comments:

Sirdar said...

Glad to hear you are so happy. I remember the other blog where you weren't as happy. Sounds like Blu is fitting in well with you and your son. Good for you guys!!

Dan said...

I love this positive post! Isn't it great when so much fun occurs in one's life. We have to remember these times when we're down, because it reminds us that being down doesn't last forever and that we have had fun in our lives ... and we will again.

Thanks for making me smile!