Monday

Michael Update

I wanted to give everyone an update on Michael and also thank you for all of the support. Your comments were wonderful so again, Thank YOU!!!

Yesterday Michael woke up feeling nauseated again and when he did a check on his blood sugar it was well over 600! And the only reason we know this is due to the fact his meter did not actually register a number. It simply said 'Hi'. That is never a good thing for those of you unfamiliar with how Diabetes seems to attack its patients. He ended up taking some insulin and we headed to the Emergency Room. When they checked his blood sugar there, it actually read 683 which tells me that prior to him taking the insulin injection at home, his sugar was somewhere in the neighborhood of 800 if not higher.

If he had not taken his sugar when he did, Michael could have very well gone into a coma. It scared and him to death. But we got it down with even more insulin and plenty of fluids because he was dehydrated from being so sick.

Yesterday he was writhing in pain and it was so incredibly hard to watch. No drug was working at all until they finally gave him a good one last night. It finally enabled him to sleep somewhat which he had been lacking for well over 24 hours.

Today he is sooooooo much better!!!

I stayed with him most of the day and we just sat there watching movies and talking. You never really realize how much a true smile can mean until you see someone you have not seen do it in a while actually smiles. It warmed my heart and made me realize he was okay.

He is still in a little bit of pain but nothing compared to yesterday or the day before. He was finally himself and it was wonderful to see. He also ate for the 1st time since Friday. Solid food that is instead of warm broth and Jello. Finally, real food!

So I thought I would post a picture of him from his hospital bed today.



Since he is finally doing so much better, I think they will let him come home tomorrow! I have been crossing my fingers so much I have a cramp :) Can't wait! I miss him!

And because I feel like being mean I am going to show this video of what exactly good drugs do for a sick person. This Amazing Video will leave you Bewildered, Mesmerized and Stunned! If you would like to purchase this video, which is called Michael Gone Wild, for your personal collection, please send $9.95 to me as soon as possible!!!


Lately my son has been into taking pictures of himself since he has been doing all sorts of working out lately. I think he would turn into Popeye if he could just let a little spinach slip past his lips every once in a while!

10 comments:

Sirdar said...

Great to hear that he is doing better. Sounds like it was pretty serious. Glad the good drugs helped and he can come home again.

My sister-in-law had a diabetic seizure when she was staying with us and she dislocated her shoulder....not from falling but from muscle spasms during the seizure. Does Michael remember all of this or does this reaction not affect his memory?

Deech said...

I am happy that finally my prayers were at least listened to in some small way. Glad to hear about Michael's recovery.

The million dollar question is, how are you holding up through all of this?

Flyinfox_SATX

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

He's such a nerd :) OK, and I'm talking about C. I could have done without the baby flexing his musklez. Just makes me feel old :)

But I'm glad Michael is doing better. It reminds me of Karen, when she would start throwing up there was nothing we could do other than take her to the hospital to get her back into shape. Hurling threw all of her meds off horribly. I'm glad to see him dancing again!! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Cute video!!
He doesn't look very sick to me... maybe he's just faking it, huh? ;)

Send him our love. We miss him, too!!!

Chin up, lovey.

The Lone Beader® said...

I'm so glad that Blu is gettin betta.

We all miss him! :)

Aunt Jackie said...

I am so sorry that Missed the news when it happened. I know what you're going through because of my Father's diabetes. He's been through many issues, including strokes, blood poisoning because of kidney problems, a quad-bypass surgery, and he will be turning 80 years old this next month. Strong true men can survive and conquer anything with their strength and love, and Michael, luckily has both. You guys hang in there. Love from Aunt Jackie

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I am always being exploited aren't I? DaMN , it is fun though....

Dan said...

Gosh, I just got back from vacation and am sorry to hear that you and Michael had to go through this. But I'm very pleased that he's better.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog while I was away. That was very sweet of you.

Aunt Jackie said...

:(

Anonymous said...

you have some haire , shave it...sorry that i have to tell u this :(