Sunday

Curing Boredom on a Sunday Morning

So here it is on a Sunday morning and I am doing not much of anything spectacular. So why not just babble on here right?????

Yesterday we had our bonfire at my aunt's house and it was actually quite a bit of fun. I will post some pictures as soon as I get them all sorted out. There was lots of beer drinking and fishing going on. Not to mention the beautiful fire itself. All in all, it was a really good time.

This morning I had a revelation. Anyone that knows me understands how much I absolutely adore horror movies. Especially all of the old ones. So what did I do today? I sat down and created a desktop for the month of October. Halloween, afterall, is like Christmas to me.


So what do you think?? It's an ode to all of those cheesy movies I love so much. Eventually, I would love to have a room in my home filled with nothing but old movie posters. How cool would that be? I love the dramatic use of colors they used when creating these pieces of art.

Besides what is not to love in these old classics? Who cares about special effects when you have overacting at it's best. The faces! The screams of sheer terror! Damn I am starting to quiver just thinking about it and it makes me wanna dig out my collection and start watching :)

Check out this list of old classics I have:

  • 1959 - A Bucket of Blood
  • 1960 - Little Shop of Horrors
  • 1963 - The Terror
  • 1960 - The Wasp Woman
  • 1939 - The Gorilla
  • 1941 - The Devil Bat
  • 1939 - The Human Monster
  • 1941 - The Invisible Ghost
  • 1943 - The Ape Man
  • 1962 - Carvnival of Souls
  • 1940 - Chamber of Horrors
  • 1924 - The Last Man of Earth
  • 1932 - White Zombie
  • 1958 - House on Haunted Hill
  • 1961 - Werewolf in a Girls' Dormitory
  • 1973 - Don't Look in the Basement

I found this on YouTube and thought everyone would enjoy. It's the original 1932 movie White Zombie staring Bela Lugosi who happens to be my all-time favorite horror movie actor! So get your popcorn, something to drink then kick back and become submersed!




Have a great rest of your weekend everyone!

9 comments:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I love the desktop collage of posters you've made DEAR...HA! I also love the fact that I know in October I could probably look forward to waking up to Fangs instead of that pretty smile I enjoy soooo much....

Here we Go...!!!!

The Lone Beader® said...

You made me watch that while I should have been doing beadwork! LOL.

Sirdar said...

Never got into the old movies much. I get into moods where I want to watch a lot of them...and then...nothing. At least you know what you like.

On a Mac you can have the screen saver be all the album covers in your iTunes library and it is much like your desktop layout.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Sirdar, you make me want a MAC that much more because I love my music....I willl get one soon...DAMN IT!!!!!!

Anyway, back to Chal....

Later...

Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

For me, horror movies, not so much. But they have their place. If you enjoy them, that's cool...

Deech said...

Like Yourself...Halloween is when my kids let me play like a kid again. Yeah, that is the best holiday in my opinion.

Your movie collection ROCKS! Move over and get the popcorn ready, I am coming over to watch!

Flyinfox_SATX

Bardouble29 said...

Hey woman!!! I am back around again! That last blog Blu wrote about you was SOOOOO sweet.

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

With all of this horror, I thought that was two stubby fingers at the top of my screen.. but alas was two rocks. THANKS. Did watch 'Snakes on a Plane' over the weekend. Bpppffftt!

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

I don't even need to read this post to know that I won't enjoy it. Not a bit. So, I'll just have to say.. NO THANK YOU. You're a sick demented girl, and you know it. It's your Father's fault.. and he knows it. A shame what a rent-a-dad can do.