Friday

To Feel Special


The hardest thing about being in a relationship is remembering to always keep the fire burning and alive. Always give that person a simple reminder that they are in your life because you want them there but most of all, because you love them.


Reminders are simple. They don't have to cost money. I am not talking about going out and buying presents like jewelry or roses. There are so many small things you can do which only require thought and everyone knows putting thought into something means so much more than buying something.

I love My Michael. Last night he sat down on the couch with me and painted my toenails. It made me feel so special and loved. It was a sweet and simple way of saying 'Hey! I love you!' What could be better than that?

He did a fantastic job too!!!

Remember, things done for someone with nothing more than your time and thought mean more to someone than anything else in the world. :)

Michael and I always try to do these types of things for each other. The countless love letters and Poetry we have written to each other speaks volumes. The millions of 'I Love You's' scribbled on a piece of paper and slipped to each other when they weren't expecting it could wallpaper a room. Once I even made him a word find filled with words representing the both of us. And how much did any of this cost??? NOTHING except time and energy :)
And one more thought, never forget to smile.....

Love is fantastic so never take it for granted! Always do the simple things and that love will last a lifetime and beyond....

10 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Beautiful post! You are so right, too. You are very lucky to have each other.... I hope that someday I'll find the kind of love that you two share... :)

Deech said...

I could not agree with you more! And if you think you are learning now, wait 'till you have kids.

Nothing is more special to me than when my kids come up to be for no reason whatsoever and just give me a hug and tell me that they love me. WOW!

I am happy for you both. I completely understand where you are coming from because I am in the same situation now. I wasn't 3 months ago.

Flyinfox_SATX

Aunt Jackie said...

Sometimes, even things that don't seem related to love can be great symbols of love. Mr. J is not a 'hearts and flowers' romantic, but just the fact that we never run out of things to talk about, and our little 'inside jokes' and hugs, and our music, and how he picks on me all spell L-O-V-E... I think.

It's easy to take things for granted, but always being respectful, and thoughtful and supportive of each other goes a long, long way.

Great Post!! XOXO

Sirdar said...

Gee...maybe I should marry Micheal :-)

Glad to hear that you two are keeping things fun in your relationship and finding the little things mean a lot. Hope you can keep that up for the rest of your lives.

Scarlett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scarlett said...

This is so sweet! and you're right, it doesn't cost a cent to show that you care!

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I love to do things that some think may be meaningless. Any and everything we can ever do for each other no matter how simple are exactly that....Simple reminders that we love each other.

I think everyday of things that I might be able to do for the love of my life that would or will make her happier than she was just moments before.

I will do this until the day that we(I) die....

I love you Baby Girl....

I am glad you think I did A great job....I am the shit aren't I...????

Later folks...

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Screw that. That I allow MrNV to exist in my presence is love enough. That I don't stick an ice pick through his skull is proof that I love him... at least enough not to kill him. However, don't ask me how many times I was tempted :)

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Oh, and that he painted your toes just proves he's a big pussy. Which I've been telling him all along.

BWAAAAAAAHHAHAHA

Chalice said...

LB - All I have to say is there truly is someone out there for everyone and you will find him.

Fly - :) You always make me smile with your words! Glad to see you have found that one person who makes you happy!

AJ - I agree with you on it doesn't always have to be hearts and flowers. Michael is my best friend and we are never bored.

Sirdar - All you have to do is ask him and he just might :)

Scarlett - Thank god it doesn't cost anything because I am broke :)

Mikey - Damn I love you :) And yes you are the shit, thats why I keep you around!

NV - My crazy ass friend! I love you!! :)