Sunday

It's Fall

This morning I have gotten up and managed to find my way to the computer and have sat here looking out the window. The nice thing is that there are a ton of trees right outside so I get the pleasure of looking at the changing colors of the leaves on this lovely Sunday!!! And sitting here inspired me to play around with my desktop and make a few changes. So tell me what you think?



I thought making it look like a filmstrip was a little different and gave it a nice touch :)

So then I went looking at some poetry and found this...

Once upon an Autumn Day,
Colorful leaves began to fade.
In the midst of a chilly, frosty air
As a multitude of trees grew steadily bare.

Once upon an Autumn Day,
The whispering breeze was here to stay
Moving aimlessly through the countless trees
Scattering leaves with the greatest of ease.

Once upon an Autumn Day,
The leaves whirled freely in every way
Until at last they came to rest
Finding a haven in which to nest.

Once upon an Autumn Day,
The trees were dormant, and the leaves lay
Waiting for the winter snow to fall
To quickly obscure them one and all.

by Joseph T. Renaldi

I don't have much motivation to do anything else today because I pretty much feel like complete ca-ca. I think Michael has given me his illness so I must add giving him a swift kick to the ass to my list of things to do. I tell him not to breathe and he just doesn't listen... Go Figure!

So here I sit, sneezing my ass off, coughing like crazy, only able to breathe out of half of my head and my throat feels like it's on fire.

My Chiefs are currently on the TV playing against the Green Bay Packers and it truly isn't much of a game. We are losing. But considering the score is only 0 to 3, anything can happen right? Basically both offenses decided to stay home today.

Since I am pretty much just babbling with no where to really go with this post, I think I shall sign off now and hope for the best for my Chiefs. Green Bay scored another field goal making it now 6 to 0. Damn CheeseHeads! But there is still an entire half to go so we shall see :)

Have a fantastic day everyone!

UPDATE: Chiefs scored a touchdown with 7 seconds left in the half! There is HOPE!!! :)

2 comments:

Aunt Jackie said...

Oh I just love fall... I think the Desktop is terrific!!!

What a lovely poem...

Thanks Goodness for fall.

Scarlett said...

Autumn is definitely my favorite time of year! Love the desktop wall paper and the poem! I feel like I have gotten my fix of the Artistic!

Thanks for sharing!