Friday

The Things You See....


For me, driving to work is always interesting. It's mainly because my drive to work involves making my way through heavy congested traffic but also it's due to the fact I drive 40 minutes just to get there.

I always manage to see something which makes me laugh or shake my head. It doesn't matter if its the couple screaming at each other or the single guy who has a finger knuckle deep planted in his nose. It doesn't matter what it is, there is always something to see.

Yesterday was no exception. Unfortunately, My Michael was sick so I made the trek all-by-my-lonesome which I hate. I get so use to having someone there that when he isn't it drives me a little crazy. Especially when there is road construction everywhere with those annoying signs that say "Progess in Process" to indicate they are actually doing more than just making the drive unbearable! Whatever....

Anyway, I am about half-way to work when this huge flatbed truck with junk stacked in the back (the stack was a good 8 or 9 feet high mind you) suddenly loses control of its load and shit goes flying all over the interstate. Everything from metal to wood went everywhere. That's when the road became a little game of Dodge-Junk. Swerve to avoid hitting shit! If I would have gotten points, I would have felt trapped in a video game. It was a little scary. I can't lie about that.

A couple of minutes later I see this white car coming up ahead of me weaving back and forth in front of me. So I think, "Okay, get another lane over to get away from this guy!" Well when I get up beside the car, I look over and see something I have never ever seen while driving. There to my right was a man probably 65 years old, no hands on the steering wheel at all, playing a trumpet! Yes, I did say playing a trumpet! Both hands were seriously on this instrument and he was literally playing it! I only wish his window and mine would have been down so I could have yelled something but he probably wouldn't have noticed anyway since he didn't seem to notice HE WAS DRIVING A CAR!!! Crazy I tell you! Crazy!!!

Then 5 minutes later I am stuck in traffic. They closed 2 lanes of the 3 lane interstate for construction. I HATE THAT! So what did I do? Got off at the next exit and took the back roads to work.

My drive home was no different, well except there was no shit flying at my car and no trumpet playing old guy. Just dodging assholes who are so hell-bent on getting home they don't care about basically running people off the road.

But my conclusion was this. I should not have driven yesterday. I should have stayed home. I avoided accident after accident and it made me a little nuts.

Now I am about to get behind the wheel again and I am hoping today is a much better drive than yesterday!

8 comments:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I am glad you made it home safely yesterday but I wish I could have seen the trumpet playin' geezer...That would have made my sickly day.

Today will hopefully be different but prolly not because neither of really want to make the trek at all today. I think it is time to find work closer to home, if not at home, that would be the shizzle...

See ya' in a bit...

Later...

doctor chip said...

it's true, too many peeps get on the road when they, in fact, don't have a clue as to how to operate a motor vehicle in traffic.

it's definately worse when thay decide to get on the Interstate.

those fucks.

oh, that's nothin'...

you should hear me swear while I'm actually driving!

B-)

---------

Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

My road rage, expressed, is unsuprisingly enough to give me a heart attack. Everybody on the road is an idiot or an asshole. Except me.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Doctor Chips seems a bit agitated ... anyway, I've heard all kinds of crazy driving scenarios. The latest one in Michigan: Parade Rage. Somebody wanted out of a parking lot and didn't care how they got out as long as it was quick.

Borrego said...

Hahaha

Scarlett said...

I think there should be a certain age (say 55- 60) when a person should have to test yearly to be able to keep their license. Some of these "old geezer's" drivers license don't expire at all! Scary!

I hate KC, roads, OMG they are the worst, even here in little town TN, we have smoother roads. One thing about KC I wont ever miss! Love the city though. : )

The Lone Beader® said...

Ha! They should post that sign on the Expressway in Boston... :/

Aunt Jackie said...

OMG... that's hilarious. That beats anything I've seen in a while. Except for maybe the homeless guy I saw reclining against a building in the middle of downtown Memphis pissing a stream on the sidewalk.

The trumpet is up there though!! :)