Tuesday

Rare and Hard To Find


If there is one thing is this world that always seems to bring back good memories it's watching old movies. They always remind you of hanging out with old friends or watching a movie late at night with your family.

For years I have searched high and low for a movie called "The Whoopee Boys". I use to watch this movie over and over again when I was a teenager with my best friend at the time, Jamie.

In this comedy, a relocation to Florida throws lowlife New Yorkers Barney (Paul Rodriguez) and Jake (Michael O'Keefe) into a dilemma when Jake falls for a beautiful schoolteacher, Olivia Farragut (Lucinda Jenney), who is struggling to find enough money to keep her school open. However, when they discover that Olivia stands to inherit a fortune, if only she will marry a true gentlemen, Jake decides to transform himself into the epitome of good breeding by going to charm school.
I have been driving Michael crazy by quoting lines from this movie for months and now I have finally found a place to purchase this rare movie. I found a site called MissedMovies.com. They don't have a tremendous amount of movies but they do have some very old and rare movies you cannot purchase anywhere around.

So in the spirit of driving Michael crazy, here is a little snip-it from the screenplay-

Barney: [at another party, Barney sees the same old lady, now holding a Shar-Pei in her arm] Hey, it's my favorite dog lady again! How you doing? You have a new dog?
Woman with Dogs: Yes, this is a Shar-Pei; it's a Chinese dog.
Barney: [Barney pulls on the dog's wrinkled skin] Damn, you need to iron this dog, lady. Look at this!
Woman with Dogs: No, stop, that's just how the dog is!
Barney: Shit, you could fit two dogs in here!
[he continues to pull on the dog's loose skin]
Woman with Dogs: [Slapping Barney's hand away] No! Please, stop abusing my dog, you horrible man!
Barney: You have any Vietnamese neighbors?
Woman with Dogs: No, I don't think so.
Barney: Well, if any ever move in, and you go on vacation, believe me, you're going to want to take Fluffy with you! You'll come back and your dog will be missing it's hind leg, saying 'where were you?'
Woman with Dogs: Oh! That's horrible! You terrible, horrible man!
Barney: You go next door and talk to your neighbor, and he'll be standing there, picking his teeth, 'No! We no see Fluffy! What your dog look like? Your dog have big, juicy hind leg?'
Woman with Dogs: Oh, you awful man! Please, go away!
Barney: Fine! I guess this means we can't be pals no more?

So this is my next purchase for myself. It's only $11.99 on DVD. And that is a freakin' bargain! On ebay you can buy the VHS tape for anywhere from $29.95 all the way to $100 all because it's so rare :) I love finding something I really love!

Ask and you shall receive! Isn't that what they always say???!!! Now enjoy a couple clips I found on YouTube!





5 comments:

Deech said...

ROTFLMAO! Oh I have so got to get my hands on this flick!

Flyinfox_SATX

Aunt Jackie said...

Weird!! LOL Isn't it funny what movies really move us that we grew up watching?? I have certain ones I watch over and over... "comfort movies" I guess.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

yeah well, fox i have heard too much about it and bc chal can't stop quoting movie lines I prolly have already seen it but the laughs will be great nonetheless....

and jackie, I don't think I would call this a comfort movie by any means, more like a just laugh your ass off movie sooo much that your stomach hurts in the morning....no comfort there....but I haven';t seen it yet, so I guess I couldn't really say anything about anything yet, bc that would be superficial...

later....

Scarlett said...

It sounds funny, loved the Sher-Pei bit...lol

I have always said those dogs look like the bag the dog came in and I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! stretching their skin out...its so soft and squishy!

Have a good rest of the week ; )

Aunt Jackie said...

Oh no you don't understand what I mean by "Comfort Movie" Blu, I mean anything that takes you back in time and makes you happy is comforting, those for me are usually comedies... I love comedy!! :)

Later!! Yeah!!!