Thursday

Dining Ala Commode???

Today I was feeling very very sick. Don't know why buy nausea is kicking my ass today. **Sigh** But while looking around the net, I found a rather unique restaurant I just may have to visit one day....

In the Southern Taiwanese city of Kaohsiung, guests of Martun's Restaurant are seated upon the most royal of thrones...... A Toilet..... Martun is Chinese for Toilet by the way... It isn't just the seating that makes the restaurant different but you food is served up in toilet bowls of both Asian and Western styles.... Apparently, this has been around awhile and I have just never seen it before and it's so popular, they have opened up a second restaurant :) Nice!




I am curious, what do you do when you actually have to use the toilet? As long as they don't bring you out a roll of toilet paper and say have fun, its all good..... Right????

7 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

Wow, that would definately be a strange dining experience...

I am SO glad you are back! I was missing my "twin"!

Aunt Jackie said...

EWWWWW!!! How could anyone eat in a 'toilet' theme restaurant?? Ick!! LOL!

David said...

That is just sick and wrong. I just innocently jumped over here from Dan's Blah Blah Blog and wham! People eating on toilets out of toilet shaped bowls!

Scarlett said...

Hmmm, not sure that would be a place I'd feel comfortable dinning, I don't care how good the food is...if it's not presented properly I'm out!

I am curious though...what they say when they seat people...would you like floating or non floating?

Sirdar said...

Well...it is unique. The uniqueness is what brings the people in and back...either that or the food.

Scarlett said...

I do hope that your stomach is feeling better...

doctor chip said...

beyond fabulous.

this one takes the cake, Chalice!

B-D

----