Sunday

Memories..

While digging through somethings in my basement, I ran across my old diary. I cannot even tell you how long it has been since I have laid my eyes upon it.

This morning I pulled it out and just read.

So many memories I had forgotten about.

Some good.

Some bad.

Much of the written words were filled with a heartache that even brought a tear to my eye today.

I know I tend to write about all of the funny and crazy things I did while growing up but I never share any of the bad. I think its because its easier to block out the bad and pretend none of it existed even though I realize both the good and the bad made me who I am today. Does that make any sense at all?

One of the things I found in here were some of my poetry. I knew some of it was there but there were even a few I had forgotten about.

I Wish...

I wish I were a butterfly
Floating
Aimless and free
Radiating beauty near and far

I wish I were a bird
Flying
Stealthy and quick
Illuminated by the bright sunlight

I wish I were a black panther
Hunting
Strong and fierce
Doing what I need to survive

I wish I could make myself see
I am…
The Butterfly
The Bird
The Black Panther
All encompassed into one



Caged..

Don’t ever let me go
Don’t ever let me fall
Deep within I am scared
Trying to break down this wall

It won’t budge
I’m locked, caged inside
Screaming to get out
No longer wanting to hide

Please help me
Please bring me the key
Open up the gate
This pain I have to flee

Give me your love
Lend me your heart
I need you so bad
Don’t let me fall apart

9 comments:

Bardouble29 said...

I occasionally pull out my old diary and reread...it reminds me of how far i have come.

Sirdar said...

I never did the diary thing. My blog is as close as it gets. I know about blocking out some of the bad. I just know it is there but realize there isn't anything I can do about it now. But, a person grows from the bad too.

You and Blu...you guys should publish a book or something.

Steven said...

I don't really have an old diary...got stacks and stacks of alod drawings though.

Kinda the same thing.

Steve~

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I am not the only good writer around here...

I wish I still had of my old journals from when I was younger. They were so sparse(spread out among many different books), but I lost them along the way somewhere and now all I have is memories of them. That's what this is all about though, when we go, the memories stay...

Beautiful as always Chalice...

Dan said...

You're a poet
And I didn't know it

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

You aren't necessarily blocking negative events from the past. On the contrary, it's alway more fun (and healthier) to replay the happy ones.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

That's funny Dan. I wrote one years ago that said....

I'm a poet
don't ya' know it.
Lend me your pen
and I will show it.

HA!

That was a good lookin' back....Thanks a bunch Chal, and thank you too Dan....

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

An Angel Visits You...

Pallav said...

Old diaries.....ah I have almost 7 years of continues diaries stored somewhere safe....may be I'll read them when I'm very very old:P
Its fun though....:)
N

The Lone Beader® said...

I tagged you in today's post=:)