Friday

Changes...

When I sit back and think about how everything has changed over the past 12 months it almost makes my head spin. I mean literally spin!

If you would have asked me 12 months ago what my life would be like right now, I would not have had any idea to even tell you it would be what it is today.

So many changes...

Some Good...

Some Bad...

But considering they make me who I am today, whether they were good or bad doesn't really matter does it?

Yesterday yet another change presented itself to me. Its a good change too.

I have been sick off and on since October. I have had surgery and been put on medicine that has done a number on me and due to all of this, I was on the verge of losing my job. The thought of that even happening was scary for me because I have never been fired from anywhere for any reason. In fact, I always prided myself on being a hard worker. One who went above and beyond what most others would because, well I just wanted to. It made me feel good to feel like I was making a difference somewhere. Does that make sense???

Well this week I became sick again. I ended up with a massive infection and honestly, its really taken its toll on me. I feel weak and I hate feeling weak. I am tired and have no energy. I don't like that.

Yesterday morning I called in for the 2nd day in a row and was rewarded with phone calls back to my home by a co-worker who was less than nice. And what made it worse is that all of this occurred before I was even scheduled to be at work. I don't need to be berated as if I were a 10 year old child and then hung up on. Its unprofessional and it speaks volumes at the same time. I was treated as if I had just decided to take a few days off and claim to be sick while I was out having some terrific time. If only that were the case.

So I sat back yesterday morning and began to evaluate it all and came to the conclusion I was much better than the way I was being treated. I started looking all over the internet for a different job. I was applying everywhere and anywhere. Anything would have been fine.

Suddenly one popped up and I was given the option to either apply online or call in. So I called in and talked to the girl. As crazy as it sounds, I was pretty much offered the job over the phone. Not only will it be steady hours with the potential for much overtime, but it also pays more. A great deal more. There is so much room to advance and that is what I love the most.

Yesterday afternoon I went out for a quick interview (which I was even late for by 20 minutes...go figure...road construction and wrong directions!) but I was offered the job on the spot and told to come in for an orientation today which I will be leaving for in about 45 minutes. I am going to start the new job on Monday.

I am more than excited!

I got up this morning and went into work and quit my job. Usually I am one for giving notice and doing things the right way but I couldn't let this opportunity slip out of my reach. Its too good...

General Lee acted just as I pretty much expected him too. He really didn't care even though he said he was sad to see me go because he thinks I am an asset to his company. He sure has a funny way of showing it but whatever. I laid it all out on the table as to why I was quitting and all he could do was interrupt me. I finally asked him if I could just speak for a second but that was so hard for him. He kept going "uh-huh" while shaking his weaselly little head with his chipmunk teeth and glaring at me with his beady little eyes.

I was surprised that some of the people who I thought would be jerks about me quitting were actually pretty good about it. I was told I would be missed and wished the best of luck....

It felt good...

I felt empowered...

I will miss my sister though. She and I have become so close working together but she also knows what an incredible opportunity this is for me.

I am thankful for the job I had but only because of what it brought me in terms of a relationship with my sister. She is truly a great person... I love her dearly...

But now its off to much better surroundings...

Life is good...

I am happy...

12 comments:

Scarlett said...

I am SO happy to hear that you are getting a new job, one that's better for you. It sounds like things in your life are really changing for the good and that's great news! I hope that you are treated with the respect you deserve at your new place of employment.

Take care Chalice,
scarlett

MrRyanO said...

Congrats! I wish you luck at the new place!

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Well, hell, had I known I woulda fired ya! Yerrr fiiireddd!

You're going to do great!! Woo-HahhhH!!!!

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Well, hell, had I known I woulda fired ya! Yerrr fiiireddd!

You're going to do great!! Woo-HahhhH!!!!

Steven said...

COngrats kiddo!

Good luck with teh new job!

Steve~

Sirdar said...

Great news!! Sorry to hear about you being ill but great on the work front. Hope it is as good as it sounds right now.

I've never been fired from a job either. In fact, the one I have now keeps getting better and better. If this doesn't work out you and Blu could come to Alberta. If you can spell "job" you can get one here.

Bardouble29 said...

YEA!!!! Congrats, I am so happy for you! What great twist to a horrible situation.

Aunt Jackie said...

Change sometimes seems to be the only thing we can count on, but everyone has an inner strength and you seem like you're finding yours... Congrats from me on your new gig too.

Thanks for the link add... :)

You guys have a great weekend.

AJ

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

It's all GOOD!!!! Trust me...But never trust anyone...

You are going to do great! Like tony the tiger GRRRRREEEAAAAATTTTT!!!!

Chase said...

Congrats!

Go for gold.

Aunt Jackie said...

Checking in to say hello... hope you guys are doing o.k.

Hasina Suliman said...

Happiness is a changing target.
Somtimes, disguised as miracles, even things that seem unbearable and hideous are only understood in retrospect.

Congrats on the new job :)