Sunday

Dating Fucking Sucks..

I was reading BarDouble29's post about dating and it got my brain going.

Dating is horrible.

Dating sucks..

It's like one long never ending job interview.

Frankly, I would rather have my foot caught in a bear trap and then try and free myself by gnawing off my limb rather than ever start over in the dating scene.

Sometimes you get lucky and the person you are on the date with is fun and interesting but then you get the crazy weirdo's. There is no happy medium in the dating world. It's either good or bad. It's never not bad...

Well her post got me thinking back to one creepy weirdo I got set up on a blind date with. At the time I was working at a rather large bank. I had been there several years and I worked in a small unit which had given me the opportunity to get to know my co-workers pretty closely. In fact, some of them were very good friends of mine.

A couple of these friends had decided they wanted to set me up on a blind date because it had been awhile since I had gone out with anyone. Frankly, I wasn't really interested in dating anyone. My son was very young and I just didn't have the desire or motivation but I agreed anyway.

I was told this man was very hot and gainfully employed as a chef! Now tell me that doesn't sound good to a single mother? I mean seriously, being a single mother you are not just looking to go and date. Anyone you meet you scrutinize as a potential life long partner. It cannot be helped. It's that maternal instinct taking over.

Anyway besides being very hot and employed he was supposed to be very funny and was looking for a long term relationship.

Fuckin' Kick Ass.... Let's Do IT!!!

So the date was set up for a week and a half later. One of my friends even agreed to take my son so I wouldn't have to find a babysitter. It was going to be fantastic.

I went out that day and got my hair done and bought some new clothes just for the occasion. Damn I couldn't wait for 6 o'clock to roll around.

About 5 minutes before 6 he got there. I love it.. Early! Everyone loves someone who is punctual right? Especially on a first date right?

I opened up the door to my apartment and he was not bad looking at all. He was tall. I would say 6'1 with blond hair and blue eyes. He also had a mustache and anyone who knows me knows I have a big thing about facial hair. I love it.. It's incredibly sexy..

So far so good...

We talked for a couple of minutes then headed out the door.

I step outside to see waiting in the parking lot a brand new Red Firebird. It was absolutely beautiful.

Am I dreaming? Is this guy for real? So far he seems too good to be true...

On the way to the restaurant we talked about all sorts of things. The conversation wasn't completely forced. It wasn't totally comfortable but not horrible either. I mean we had never met nor talked before so I guess that was to be expected somewhat.

One of the things he mentioned was the fact he hated rude people. He always felt everyone should be considerate of others. He hated swearing too. He told me there is never a good enough reason for anyone to swear when there are so many other words in the world people could use that would get the point across just the same.

I was a little blown away by that. Hell I swear like a sailor so in my scrutinizing this man I knew I would have to re-evaluate somethings about myself if we decided to see each other after this date.

We get to the restaurant and sit down. He asks if I have a problem with a man ordering for me. I said no. This would be interesting. Let's see what he does. Hell he is a chef so he should be good at this.

He ordered me a steak, lobster and shrimp.

Incredible... He isn't cheap either... I am in heaven!

He ended up ordering the exact same thing.

We carried on with more small talk until the food came. We just basically talked about my life and his. It gave us a little more insight into each other. We laughed. I was having a great time.

Then the food came.

As we started to eat we didn't really talk that much. I noticed he was really into his food and I mean really into it. At first I just thought okay, this guy is a chef and he really appreciates good quality food so I will just go with it.

Another minute passed and I notice this guy is sweating. Just a little bead of sweat that trickled down from his hairline across his cheek.

Then it became a little bit more. He was glistening. It seemed odd to me. I couldn't quit sneaking glances at him because every single time I looked, he was sweatier.

All of a sudden, I started hearing little moaning sounds. At first I was a little taken back because I thought it was him but I couldn't be sure. Then they got a little louder. And when I saw his eyes pretty much rolling into the back of his head I started to wonder.

Here is this fairly attractive guy sitting across from me sweating like he is running a marathon and moaning while eating his food. He is enjoying himself but a little too much. I swear it was like he was about to have an orgasm. I have seen people sweat while they eat and I don't have a problem with that but when it's so much that his shirt is starting to become wet it gave me the creeps. I actually sat there for a moment and tried to envision what sex with this guy would be like. The only conclusion I could come up with is that while he would be sweating and enjoying himself way to much I would drown.

That's not good. Who wants to die during sex..???

So there was no conversation during dinner unless you call moaning great company and he sweats so much he looks like he has been swimming, I was seriously starting to consider whether or not I even wanted a second date.

But....

We left and went to see a movie. Everything went back to the way it was. We talked and laughed again. It wasn't half bad.

After the movie we headed for the car. When we came up on it you could see there was a piece of paper on the hood. What happened now floored the hell out of me...

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ON MY CAR? DON'T PEOPLE HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLES GOD DAMN PROPERTY ANYMORE? THIS REALLY FUCKING PISSES ME OFF!"

With that he pulled the paper off, waded it up and threw it at the car parked next to him. He was red and I mean so red he was almost glowing.

Now wait... didn't this guy say earlier that he didn't think there was a reason for anyone to swear ever? What the fuck happened to that guy?

And why get so pissed off about a piece of paper on your car? Good LORD!

So between the sweaty nastiness, the love affair he was having with his plate and the uncontrollable swearing about his car, I knew right then and there I would not be seeing this guy again....

I love insane people. They make the world more colorful and interesting don't they?

12 comments:

Scarlett said...

Whew, that date sounded a little scary for sure...and ick to the sweating while eating thing, and err the moaning, maybe he was just really hungry? lol

Hope all is well for you chica.

Take care Chalice,
Scarlett

The Lone Beader® said...

Yikes! Some guys are nutjobs, huh??

Anyways, I've been single for just over a year now, and I once went on a date with someone I had just met. For some reason, he kept talking about his sister the whole time...Then, a day after I went out with him, it turned out that my best friend's friend knew him, and she told me that the ink wasn't even dry on his wedding certificate... Guess he was talking about his wife the whole time....=:0

So, now, I won't go out with someone unless I have already known them for 10 years or I feel that there is an IMMEDIATE spark of chemistry between us. Life is too short to waste by going out with idiots and liars.

Chase said...

Damn what a psychopath. Should have hit him with a knee in the nuts.

Great posting! Had this blind date once, which was pretty bad. Long story short, she started talking about not wanting to marry but would like to be impregnated and have children but no custody...her own little children. Like that little guy from lord of the rings...my precious...little...children! Freakshow!

MrRyanO said...

Sounds like a crazy episode of Seinfeld!

Steven said...

I've lived a weird life in which I never even really went on an actual DATE.

Maybe once or tiwce when I was a kid...but thta's it..

I'm not that heartbroken about it. ;)

Steve~

Jason said...

Since it is in the past I feel safe laughing. What a character. One time, on a date, I let my date have a little too much to drink...ahh, this makes for a good blog post, thanks Chalice.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Every time I hear about this story I make sure to remember and bring an extra napkin to dinner just in case I get the sweats while overly enjoying my pasta whatever...

Chalice said...

Scarlett, No this was way more than hungry. He was in love with his plate and there is nothing more to it. Thanks for checking in on me.. :)

LB, As crazy as these nutjobs are, they at least keep things interesting and give us something to talk about later.

VJ, so you are saying you have no "precious little children"?? Are you sure about that? Don't want her showing up later in life with a slew of kids saying they are yours. From the short statement you made, I could see that happening..

RD, OMG!! It is like some Seinfeld episode :)

Novak, trust me, you didn't miss much. Besides you have a terrific wife who should pretty much apply for Sainthood after putting up with you **snicker**

Jason, I love it when you read something and it triggers something in your brain. Can't wait to read your post!

Blu, Oh please! Like you really have anything to worry about :) I see you eat every day and until you start moaning and getting ready to really love your plate, you have no worries at all..

Bardouble29 said...

LMAO - sounds like a few of my dates...now you have me thinking about the guy who took me dancing in Ashland...I feel a blog coming on!!!!

Sirdar said...

I've never had a blind date. All my dates have been able to see. But it would add something to the experience for sure :-)

That guy sounds pretty creepy. And now you have Blu. Hope he just sweats...during other activities :-)

Chase said...

No, I did not do her. Got rules about that...Elephant Scale. She was a 4. (Equates to: 8 on the Richter scale when she falls over). Wait, thats not the point. She was a freakshow. I was only a spermdonor to her. No way in hell I am going to make her the happiest woman in the Southern Hemisphere...GOT TO PROTECT THE GENE POOL. Honestly, some people need licenses to procreate.

Dan said...

I would rather have my foot caught in a bear trap and then try and free myself by gnawing off my limb rather than ever start over in the dating scene.

Yup! That pretty much sums it up perfectly. You gotta wonder why the divorce rate is so high. I guess awful marriages are worse than dating? But you would think the prospect of dating would cause folks to work harder at the marriage! :) Beats the hell out of me.