Friday

Party At The Parents House

drunk·en - druhng-kuhn] intoxicated, drunk, given to drunkenness. Pertaining to, caused by, or marked by intoxication.

par·ty
- [pahr-tee] A social gathering, as of invited guests at a private home, for conversation, refreshments, entertainment, etc.

I was always one who was really bad at having parties at my parents house when they weren't home for the weekend. I only did it then because I knew they were a few hundred miles away at our lake house so there was never the danger of them just casually walking in on anything plus it gave me plenty of time to clean up after all was said and done.

I had way too many of those. Actually it was pretty much a few times a month during my high school years while we were out on summer vacation.

It was always me and my best friend Jamie along with numerous others. The crowd was never the same either. Always someone new.

If I could only count the number of crazy things that happened. A ceiling fan being yanked from the ceiling in my parents room (that was me doing that....I went to turn it on and pulled the cord too hard and the bastard fell from the ceiling right onto my parents bed....They never said a word), trash bags full of empty alcohol bottles that no one ever seemed to notice, cops coming to the house on a couple of occasions because of too many cars parked on the street and the noise from everyone, watered down bottles of really old scotch of my dad's that we raided.

I could go on and on but why??? You pretty much get the idea right?

Now there was this one time where we actually had a party with my parents right there in the house. I sit back and think about it now and cannot believe I really managed to pull it off.

I was 16 and it was a Saturday night. I had told my parents that Jamie was going to come over along with a few other people. They were always really cool with my friends coming over and hanging out. They figured if I was there how much could I actually do wrong??? Wow.. Talk about being completely mistaken....

As some of you may remember from my previous posts, I had the coolest bedroom in the world with its own outside access. Well its really easy to sneak in the booze when you have a door right next to your bed so that's exactly what we did.

In came the wine coolers and cases of beer.

We sat there in my room drinking for a couple of hours then for whatever reason, we fanned out into the rest of the house. My parents had already gone to sleep and seemed completely oblivious as to what was really going on and considering we were all fairly intoxicated we paid no mind to the fact they were even in the house to begin with.

So upstairs we went. I remember through my alcohol induced haze we were very very loud but I didn't anyone to quiet down at all. Some of the guys hit the fridge for food while others ended up outside on the deck to smoke and drink some more.

By the end of the night everyone was totally trashed. Jamie was vomiting off the side of the deck. Her boyfriend fell down the stairs and busted his forehead. A friend of ours ended up peeing his pants. Hell I damn near did too from laughing so hard. Guys and girls were making out all over the place. Just your run of the mill chaotic teenage party fun.

Here is the kicker....

Around midnight we decided it was time to call it quits. Jamie and her boyfriend needed a ride back to her house and I knew I couldn't drive. So what did I do? I went and woke up my mother and asked to take them home.

Mom gets up and gets dressed. She never says a word when every piles into the back of her mini-van and takes everyone home.

I am still amazed. How did she not know???

Now before you all go thinking I was this absolutely horrid girl, I did fess up. But only after my father went into my room and found a trash bag full of empty bottles. That was a nice day... Notice the sarcasm??? I got ripped apart but I ended up admitting to everything. I felt it was the right thing to do.

The question is this... Did it ever stop me from having another party??? Nope.. It sure didn't. But over the years since I moved out I have confessed to many a things I have done. My mother cringes and always says she doesn't want to hear it. My father shakes his head, his face filled with a mixture of jealously and disgust.

Not only did I admit to everything but I also replaced all of the watered down alcohol of my fathers. See.. I tried to make amends! I'm really not that bad of a girl :)

Now that I am grown with a 13 year old son I know I have to be on my guard and pay attention at all times! I know they say everything you have done will come back 10 fold through your children so does that mean I am in for it or what???

6 comments:

MrRyanO said...

At least you didn't wreck a car this time!

I've fessed up to a few things with my parents, but for the most part what they don't know is better for all of us...

I'm still jealous of the bedroom setup. Way too cool!

Sirdar said...

Oh...I think your mom knew. She just didn't say anything. She was just being the cool mom for you.

I never had any parties at home when the parents were gone. First off, we were out of town so people would have to drive out there. Second, we usually had field parties...big bonfires...that sort of thing.

When I moved out and got my own place I had some wicked parties. Fortunately I played hockey with all the cops in town. They were pretty cool. Once I was old enough to play hockey on their team, I learned what partying was all about. Those boys and girls can drink.

Not sure what to say about your boy doing that when you are gone. Back in our day we wouldn't even think about it as our ass would be so sore for so long it wasn't worth it. Times have changed.....

Chalice said...

RockDog.. Aren't you the funny one??!! If you remember correctly it wasn't I that wrecked the car smarty it was my friend. I was just along for the joy ride. Now there is alot I have not fessed up to when it comes to my parents and that is because I don't really feel like sending them into cardiac arrest. And yes, my bedroom was entirely too cool :)

Sirdar, I would have loved to have had a place in the middle of nowhere where I could have huge field parties so I am incredibly envious. When it comes to my son, I have my eyes open. He is a sly lil' devil but considering I have pretty much done it all, he won't be able to do much and get away with it.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

The only thing that sucks about being right in the mix of Chalice's life is that I have heard of lot of these stories before...

I love them just the same, but they aren't as COOL as mine...!!!

HA!

Party On Baby!!!!

MrRyanO said...

Well, then I think it is only fair that you confess them ALL here! I'm digging the wild style!

Rock ON!

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Holy shyte, could you put Cliff Notes at the end of your stories for me? Ahhahaha!