Friday

Do Bad Thoughts Make Me A Bad Person?

I would first like to point out that I am truly not a bitch (no matter what NV says). I am actually a pretty likable person who gets along with anyone. But does it make me a bad person for wanting to kick an old man down a flight of stairs?

Seriously...

Does this make me rotten, evil and horribly mean?

I work with a man who is 73 years old. He actually retired several years ago and has chosen to stay on and work which I always found to be very admirable.

For the longest time I thought he was an incredibly hard worker not to mention an extremely nice man.

Well, those of you who follow my blog know the company I work for closed down all of their stores back in October. What that meant for me and this old man was we were going to be working at the corporate office and manufacturing facility from that point on.

Unfortunately, the other employees were let go. He and I were the only 2 they bought back to the main facility. Good for us but bad for them.

Anyway, when we first made the transition it was very smooth. I still had it in my mind that this man was just a really cool old guy. Yes he is set in his ways but who in the fuck isn't right? He has some very old fashioned ways about him that I really liked. I was able to carry on a great conversation with him and that is very important to me.

I always loved his work ethic. His customers really seemed to love him and he bent over backwards to make sure they got what they needed when they needed it. Not to mention he is VERY knowledgeable in the world of paint. Whenever I had a question, he was the one I went to more than anyone else because of his length of time in the business. Basically, I looked up to him.

However, a few months have passed since this transition and I have had the chance to really watch this man work in ways I have never seen before.

I have found out he doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about.

He is a mean, grumpy and miserable old man. He yells at people and refuses to listen to anyone around him who is merely being helpful. I can understand that he may not want people to get the impression he is too old to figure shit out but there has to be a fine line somewhere.

He can't match paint to save his life and he mistints the hell out of everything. Very bad for business. You cannot have customers walking out the door thinking they are getting what they ordered when in fact they did not. They received the exact opposite.

He thinks he can do as he pleases whenever he pleases. This old geezer does nothing all day long. He walks around the warehouse with a cup of coffee in his hands and harasses the guys who are working their asses off.... including myself whenever I happen to be down there.

He refuses to follow rules. Okay, I am a rule breaker. I think my previous posts have established that however, there are certain things you just cannot do and he does them anyway. When you work around hazardous materials you have no choice but to be careful or you could kill yourself or someone else. So there are rules you MUST follow.

Well in the last few weeks I have gotten to see the real dark side of this miserable old miser. I swear to God he pisses vinegar. I now view him as the type of man who would intentionally scare little kids to death for his own personal enjoyment. I even made a comment the other day when he seemed to be in a good mood that he must have run over a child on the way to work because he was so damn chipper.

But I have had my fill of this man calling me up and cursing at me because he doesn't like the way things are going. Or following me around the office and or warehouse bitching about how bad he has it. I am tired of this old fuck getting up in my face and trying to assert his "I am man so hear me roar lowly woman" attitude.

Its part of my job to question why he does things that are incorrect and when I ask I get lectured on how I don't know what the hell I am doing.

Yep, he has stroked my fur the wrong way so-to-speak.

And he is about to get kicked down a flight of stairs.

Damn I would much rather be posting something interesting right now instead of venting about some old man but he really pushed it with me today. I can be tolerant to an extent but push me too far and you are going to seriously get burned.

Earlier today he had the nerve to ask me exactly what I did around there. After looking at him like he had strange creatures crawling from his ears I filled him in. About half way through my rant he threw his hand up in my face and went "mwaaaaa". Whatever the hell that is.. I just walked away at that point.

Unfortunately, there are two people around that company who are work horses and that is me and my sister. Our workload is tremendous not to mention stressful. However, as much as we do we are grateful that our jobs are versatile and keep us busier than flies on shit.

Well...

About 20 minutes before he was scheduled to leave I had to call him and ask him if had done something he was supposed to do. Apparently, that was a bad question because his last words to me today were, "Nope! I'm closing up shop and leaving. If you want it done then you do it yourself!" and then the phone slammed down.

Hmmmmm??? **scratching my head really hard and cocking my head sideways with a perplexed look on my face**

What to do?

Well I did do it myself and I will take care of him and his old balls on Monday. Thoughts of driving a forklift up his ass are running through my mind along with several other things but that flight of stairs is still haunting me.....

Okay, you know I won't do it but it feels good to vent and visualize. If that man isn't careful, my sister is gonna do it. He has pissed her off too and she is so much meaner than me....

I love my sister...

6 comments:

Sirdar said...

Lets hope people from your work aren't reading your blog.... :-|

I wonder what changed from when he was at the other place? What made him change that he became miserable now? Or was he always miserable and you just didn't see it before? Like maybe you are seeing him in a different light? Just seems odd he would change like that.

Hope it all works out for you and between you and him.

MrRyanO said...

Sometimes I wish I could piss vinegar...or beer...but good beer, not pissy beer. I wonder what the carbonation would feel like? Oh, I've gotten a little off track...sorry 'bout that. :D

The Lone Beader® said...

You are not a bad person. And, I have a theory about old people. I think being old is like being high all the time. LOL

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

You leave the oldie but goodies alone. He is just old & bored and gets a kick out of tormenting you. What's wrong with that? make it fun Chal, just make it fun, you can do it. Put your back into it...

Bardouble29 said...

You are not horrible at all. There will always be people in our lives that make us want to kill. LOL

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Yes.

Well, you asssked :)