Tuesday

Giggles and Fights

...my eyes are puffy...

...my brain is mushy...

Being overly exhausted is never fun! I can hear my bed screaming my name from the other room but I just can't jump in it at the moment. If I do, I will be up in the middle of the night and I can't have that.

Wait.. The pillows and blankets have joined in..... They are singing the "come to bed" song...

See, lack of sleep causes you to become insane :) The minute you hear your bedroom summoning you, you know you have issues!

At least I am giddy! Right now everything is funny!

I remember being a kid. My sisters and I (I have 2 younger sisters, Cindy and Maggie) would drive our parents crazy by getting the uncontrollable giggles. My mother would get so pissed off but there was nothing she could do to stop us. The more she yelled, begged, pleaded, threaten or whatever for us to stop, it only got worse. You would have thought after it happening so frequently should would have just given up but she never did.

Funny thing is my sister and I still do that on occasion. Only this time we torture our co-workers instead of our mother. There has been a time or two I have tortured Blu with the giggles. Makes me wonder whats going through his mind when I get like that... Hmmmm???? **pondering**

Okay done pondering...

It always seemed that we managed to get the giggles when we were all locked in the car going somewhere as a family. All mom could do was turn around and say, "Damn it Girls! Knock that shit off!"

Dad would just sit there, driving, trying to ignore us. But after a while of hearing our mother yell at us you would see dad's face turn red and then he would puff his cheeks out while clinching the steering wheel. He would grip it so hard you could almost see his knuckles turning white. Within a minute of two of that you would see him start looking at us with the death glare in the rear-view mirror. And when that didn't work, he would threaten to take us all home.

That would only work for so long because then we would giggle with our mouths locked shut and our faces cracking huge smiles. We were laughing so hard our stomachs and faces would hurt like hell. Let's face it, once the giggling started, it had to wear itself off. It just couldn't be turned off.

And God forbid we look at each other while this is going on. That would cause all sorts of chaos! The laughter would break loose and it was then we knew we were in for it.

Sadly, my father was forced to live with 4 women. He had no sons. He was cursed with daughters. **sigh** I look back now and realize we should have eased up on the poor guy!

But when you are young that is the last thing you think about. You don't realize how hard it was on the guy. I should apologize shouldn't I????

I mean he had to deal with bitchy moods, constant arguing and fighting, multiple periods (yes I am referring to that monthly visit from aunt flow), boys calling the house at all hours of the night. The sassy, know it all attitudes should have sent him to the funny farm but he survived! What a trooper!

The fights I had with my sisters were always huge. I was the oldest and pretty much kicked ass whenever I felt the need. It seemed we always fought the most when the parental units were gone and they were pretty much out of control.

There was a day when all 3 of us got into it. We were screaming at each other. Every single 4 letter word we could articulate came flying out like baseballs from a pitching machine. Then came the hitting and hair pulling. Cindy got so pissed at Maggie that while Maggie was standing there in a towel after getting out the shower, she ripped the towel from her and threw her outside the front door and locked it. Maggie stood out there screaming and banging to get in while Cindy blocked me from the door to keep me from letting Maggie in. I ended up getting ahold of Cindy and finally tossing her out of the way and got the door open for Maggie. The damage was already done. Maggie was horrified. Poor girl was crying so hard I thought she would hyperventilate. Cindy thought it was funny so then I had to beat her ass.... **sigh**

Once, I punched Cindy in the gut so hard once she went flying back into a bean bag chair. Her eyes then rolled back in her head where you could only see the whites of her eyes, lost her breath and then threw up. Then she didn't move. I kept reaching out and shaking her shoulder. I refused to touch her anywhere else because of the vomit all over the place (come on...what sister wants to touch that stuff even if she was the one who caused it???) but she still didn't move. It freaked me out so bad that I went upstairs and told my parents I thought I killed her. My mom about lost her mind on that one.

Cindy got back at me a few years later. I had just finished getting ready to go out with my friends. I had showered, done my hair and make up. Put on some really kick ass clothes. Damn I was ready to go and do some damage! Well Cindy said something I didn't like as I was getting ready to walk up the stairs so I went chasing after her. She made it to the kitchen, grabbed the Dishwashing liquid off the sink, turned around and squeezed it at me just as I made it to the top of the stairs. That shit first hit my hair. Back then the thing was to have big hair so when that stuff hit it, my hair flattened but only it one part so it looked like I had a reverse Mohawk. Then it ran down my face, ruining my make-up and getting in my eyes and coated my clothes. It took hours to get my eyes to stop stinging. Needless to say, I didn't make it out that night. For the longest time you could see where the carpet was stained from the dishwashing liquid hitting it. Nothing like seeing ugly green shaggy carpet with a huge trail of Palmolive all over it.

Damn those were the days.... I think I may just go to work tomorrow and punch Cindy for kicks.... :)

From reading this you would probably think we hate each other but in reality, we are all very very close and the best of friends :) I love my sisters...

15 comments:

Alicia said...

Okay, I'm wondering why laughing in the car was so terribly annoying?
I had 3 younger siblings and we used to beat eachothers asses in the car... and still didn't get that reaction.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

First off, you are giddy because you are DRUNK...

Maggie, poor thing...

Go to bed and I'll be there in a minute...

MrRyanO said...

I'm sorry, you lost me at "Aunt Flow"...to regain consciousness I had to picture three women fighting in mud and/or jello.

I have a son and a daughter and the giggles/fighting has just begun. I look forward to the long family vacations when I get to yell corny things at them such as, "I'll turn this car around right now!" or "If I have to talk to you one more time, I'm taking some Birthdays away!"...

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Aaahaha! No wonder your momma is kerazy :) I had to shuttle those 3 hooligans around with mine yesterday that live up the street.. you know the 3. And I was ready to drive my van into a wall. MrNV and I shook hands, "1.. it's a deal." AHAHA! I'm having my reproductive organs removed tomorrow!! They are seriously the poster children for birth control.

And are you two getting drunk nightly? Do we need an intervention?? You know how I am, don't make me come over there!!

Steven said...

Do you think that CIndy would let me punch her also? ;)

Steve~

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Not nightly, every other nightly!!!

Come on over NV...

The Lone Beader® said...

I used to have a pink shaggy carpet in my room when I was little. I miss that..... =:)

Sirdar said...

It sounds like love to me!!

I never had any siblings when I was growing up. My sister moved out when I was 2 or 3. I was brought up as an only child. I never got to giggle that as a kid.

However, there have been recent times when the kids would get me belly laughing. I have to be real tired but damn it is fun.

Chalice said...

Alicia..It was only annoying to my mother really. Hell my sisters and I had fun so we didn't see the problem with it :)

Blu..Like you know if I was drunk! Oh yeah, that was you with me wasn't it??

Rockdog..Talks of Aunt Flow creep you out eh? I would apologize but Im not that nice! I have yet to ever threaten to turn the car around. Probably should have millions of times just didn't.

NV..Yes it is a sad reality that my sisters and I drove my mother insane. And no its not nightly, just every other night.

Steve..Alright Novak, there will be no one else punching my sis except for me. Besides I think she could totally kick your ass....

LB..I would have loved to have the pink shaggy carpet :) There is just something about pink I love..

Sirdar..Gettin' the giggles is fun isn't it?? Especially when you get them with the ones you love. Makes the chaos so worth while.

Satan said...

your father knew what it was like to live in hell

i should get together with him have a few beers and share some stories

do you think he would go fishing with me

Scarlett said...

It sounds like You love your sister very much. I never really had that as I was 12 years older than my little sister and was married when she was only 6. We don't see each other much now.

Anyway, I hope you are having a blast, I'm so happy for you two.

take care Chalice,
Scarlett

Chalice said...

Satan, somehow I just don't think you could handle my dad **snicker**

Scarlett, Long time no see :) Thanks for coming by. And yes I am quite happy.

Chase said...

Hey Chalice

Nice of you to drop by...

No, I did not try any of the tactics out for myself. Was a bit bored and tired of writing dark...had to be funny for a while...

As for when I surf, I take my chances with the sharks. What will happen will happen. I am at peace with it. They were there first. From your latest postings I gather things are great!

Happiness is a choice.

Live on!

VJ

MrRyanO said...

No more wine or intimate relations for the two of you until this blog is updated!

Chalice said...

VJ.. Well I guess there are no worries of you being eaten by sharks. Life is good!

Rockdog.. Now why go assuming that all we are doing is drinking and gettin' it on??? There is lots of other stuff too :) **snickering**