Sunday

In The Last Hour

While reading some blogs this morning, I stumbled across Under the Microscope. The post this morning was called, "In the last hour" and listed the details of what occured right during the hour prior to the post. So I thought I would give it a go.....

1. I woke up and just lied in bed with my eyes shut for a few minutes, letting my mind wander about Michael and his, as we love to call it "coming home" in a few weeks. Thought about all of the things I wanna do when he first gets here.

2. Finally I rolled over and looked at the time, sighed and got out of bed and put something on.

3. Headed straight for the bathroom, looked in the mirror at my puffy eyes. Brushed my hair a bit then examined the war wound from my collision with the bumper of my car from the ice the other day.

4. Watched my son sleeping on the couch. Kids are always so angelic when they sleep. He had the dog curled up next to him so it was really cute.

5. Got on the computer and read my email and a bunch of blogs. Commented on some. Pondered the changes Michael made once again to his. Noticing the switch on his profile location from Kansas City to the Midwest.

6. The phone rang and it was my step-daughters mother. She was asking me to get ahold of her daughter for her since she spent the night with a friend and my ex didn't want to call me because that would mean he would have to call me from his cell phone (which meant I would have his cell phone number since I have caller ID and he doesn't want me to have it.) I really hate childish behavior. Talked to her for awhile.

7. Called my step daughter at her friends house and talked to her for a few minutes. Listened to her talk about how much she misses me. It made me sad. I guess while I was shopping yesterday she stopped by to give me a hug and I missed it.

8. Pet my dog because he is an attention hog and wasn't going to quit jumping on me while I was on the computer until I gave him the attention he wanted.

9. Made myself one of those instant cappuccino's. I hate them but I wasn't in the mood for hot chocolate this morning and its cold in here. But then again, Im tired and I'm always cold when Im tired.

10. Fed my fish while my cat stared at me and screamed repeatedly.

11. Looked outside noticing the snow being almost completely gone.

12. Sat down to type this post...

3 comments:

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

You forgot the 'scratched my ass' and 'danced around naked'. I'm not stupid, I know what you really do. :)

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I really like this idea. It makes for a good writing prompt when there isn't much else to write about, but, there is always something to write about.

I think I will yank it from you and try it sometime this week when I am having another manic episode...

In the last hour...Hmmmm? For someone such as myself, this could be very interesting...

Chalice said...

Damn It NV... Don't got tellin' everybody this stuff!!! I don't wanna run Michael off before he even gets here :)

Blu Blu.. It does make for good writing when there is nothing else at the moment. I didn't think it would be as easy as it was so I surprised myself.