Tuesday

To See What Everyone Else Sees...

Reflections of Me...

The darkened night sky fell fast upon me

as I stood there, gazing down
at the reflection in the pond, wondering
who was staring back at me?

The descending night played tricks upon the water
I could swear I saw an angel, with wings
and a halo, or was it a goddess
reigning supreme, staring back at me?

It wasn't the me that I see everyday
nor even the one that I see in my head
this was the me that everyone else sees
the one that to which I seem to be blind

Except for this moment of timeless
recognition, the kind that will last
til the next precognition
of self

~Brenda Barnhart


I have stumbled across a few blogs lately which have been full of self-reflection. Its a good thing. Everyone should take the time to find out who they truly are. You should be able to look into the mirror and not just see the reflection, but to know exactly who is staring back at you. If you don't like what you see then it's time to change but how you do it, is up to you...

I posted the poem simply as a reminder. I found it long ago and loved what it said. Now I am sharing it with you.... It's a reminder to always be true to yourself and you can never go wrong.

I think the lack of sleep lately has got my brain working overtime. Too bad it doesn't get paid because I would be sitting on a goldmine right now :)

12 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Hello,

I read this post and your post on being "cool" and found them both very interesting!

"...It's a reminder to always be true to yourself and you can never go wrong." Wise words! Very wise.

Chalice said...

Well thanks Rockdog... For whatever reason I have been doing way too much thinking lately. Thank God for blogs. Without them we would have no where to vent...

Steven said...

Actually I think you can go wrong being true to yourself sometimes.

Jeffery Dahmer was true to himself...right? ;)

Steve~

Chalice said...

Ok Ok Steven.. You have a little bit of a point but all in all, I would rather be true to myself. It just works out better for me that way..

And No, Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't exactly true to himself. Come on, if he were he would have been sharing his little disgusting refrigerator of delights with his family and friends. Instead he told no one and just kept heads on ice and shared with no one. What a selfish bastard...

Chase said...

thanx for stopping by, and the link. you are right in what you said. i shall explore it and write a posting when i am back from vacation. take care! sand and shells rock! to liberalism! VJ

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I used to always tell folks on a whim to when in doubt....

"Just look in the mirror"

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

I always go wrong if I'm just myself. I think today I'll be Sylvester Stallone.

Yo Aaaadriannnn!!! Can't wait until bro comes to work :)

Unknown said...

two advice for u

commit suicide or eat valium

The Lone Beader® said...

I agree! I'm always self-reflecting on my beadwork....

Chalice said...

VJ has made another appearance to my little home on the net! Your welcome for the linkage. I only charge a $10 maintenance fee per month so let me know where I can bill you. **kidding** Maybe??!!

My Baby Blu... It does not surprise me in the slightest you would say something like that to people :) And you are right.. It all goes back to looking at who you are..

NV.. What is the deal with you and Sly Stallone? You have had dreams about him in the past and now you make this reference??? Does NV like the Italian Stallion??? **snicker**

Cynicalparalize.. Hmmm not sure how to respond to that one. A little odd but WTF...

LoneBeader - Self reflection is always good no matter when or how you do it :) Thanks for stopping by!

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I see what everyone else doesn't see...But I also see a beautiful loving force more powerful than the days are long lately. I see the way and the way is what I see...

I'll see ya' soon Baby Girl...

Sirdar said...

Sleep lets your mind wander where you really want it to...it brings out your deepest thoughts on life.

NV: Are you going to Vegas?