Friday

Sneakin' Out

Today at work a few of us got into some conversations of things we did when we were younger and it got my mind really reeling. The funny thing is I happen to work with my younger sister so telling some of these made her kinda go "HUH???". I love that. It's things she never knew her big sister ever did. Damn now she sees me in such a different light. **snicker** YEAH RIGHT!!!

When I was growing up I had the coolest room in the world. Actually it was the entire basement of my parents house. Damn it was great! What teenage girl wouldn't want this???

There were a few draw backs. Like for one, when my parents bought the house the basement came with the ugliest of green shag carpets. And not just one color of green but it was multi-colored. Light and Dark shades... Bleecccchhhhh!! Talk about a blast from the 70's. It was scary.

Then there was the issue of anytime someone needed to go out into the garage they had to come down the stairs, which meant they were entering my room. FUCK!!! Can't do any masturbating when you are worried a family member is going to come poppin' in at any minute! Did I just say that? Scratch that... Pretend I said nothing... Act as though I am using the Jedi Mind Trick on you, telling you to remember nothing....

It's forgotten right??? Of course it is, now just don't reread this post and its all good :)

Now there were so many awesome things about this room. First, it was huge!!! I mean huge huge huge! I had my bed and basically a full living room full of furniture. All of my friends loved to come over and hang out just because they could lounge around anywhere they wanted.

I even had a fireplace in my bedroom. Tell me that doesn't kick some ass?? Did I use it? Only a couple of times but it was still cool none-the-less.

But the best thing about this room is that I had my very own private entrance. Yeah... A 16 year had a door right next to her bed. That's right... You heard me right....

Now the question is, did I use it???

You better believe I used it! Holy shit I was a bad kid. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I was sneakin' out in the middle of the night.

I would walk down the local 7-11 and flirt with the clerk behind the counter. Craig... Wow I still remember Craig. You know I ran into him a year ago and let me say this.... I don't know what the fuck I was thinking... YUCK!!!

Then there were the times I would head to friends houses and sneak in their windows so we could just hang out. Of course hanging out meant stealing liquor from our parents, getting completely hammered and just having one hell of a time...

I told you I was a bad bad bad girl...

Well after all was said and done as far as where ever it was I was at those nights I would always head home. It was usually some where in the neighborhood of 3 or 4 in the morning.

Now here is where it gets funny. My father worked the night shift for General Motors at the time. I knew I needed to be home by the time he got there or else he would hear me sneaking in. So I always made sure I was home well in advance.

Well except this one time....

I was on my way home from my friends and I was just strolling down the street. I didn't even know what time it was because I had been drinking. See what alcohol does to you??

So here I am walking down the road and I don't even pay attention to the fact there is a van coming down the road behind me until its pretty much damn near on top of me. Well I look over my shoulder and its my father.

SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!!!

What the fuck am I gonna do now? Its a fucking school night and I am busted for sure. They are going to take away my bedroom! Or at least nail the door shut so hard that I would never be able to exit it again!!! FUCK!

So I start jogging a little bit and veering off into the grass just hoping he wouldn't see me. Well I look over right as he gets to me and yep, there is my dad.

Was he looking at me? NOPE!!!

It was like something out of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. You know the scene where he is running home after skipping school all day long having the time of his life and trying to get home before his parents.

The only difference is my dad never even looked my way! He just drove right on past and went home.

I was still convinced I was busted though. I anticipated he would be waiting in my room for me. I knew I was going to be grounded until I was 75. Damn its hell being a teenage girl...

So I reach my yard and sneak around the back of the house to my door. I look at the windows and see no lights or anything so I go ahead and reach for the door.

What happens? The bastard squeaks. And loudly too... SHIT!!! Why don't I carry the WD-40 with me for times like this?

I get the door all the way open and go in and what do I see? Nothing! My dad wasn't there. All was nice and quiet.

I end up changing my clothes in the dark and sneak into bed. I laid there for a little bit waiting to see if he would ever come down but he didn't. That's when I figured he would say something the next day and just kick my ass when my mother is there too..

The next day... NOTHING IS SAID!!!

Whether he saw me or not I will never ever know. He ever said a word to me to this day...

Talk about a close call :)

I will say it again, the life of a teenage girl is hard... No doubt fun! But definitely HARD!!

10 comments:

MrRyanO said...

That is AWESOME! That would have been THE ultimate setup for a teenager! I wish one of my girlfriends in high school had such a setup. I was always sneaking into houses, climbing trees or ladders...or worse, having to leave from a second story window! Easy ground floor access would have been sweet!...I mean...not that I was trying any of those things...just sayin'...

Sirdar said...

You were a bad girl? Man what you learn from peoples blogs :-)

I lived out in the country about 6 miles from town. Sneaking out meant a long walk if I wanted to do that. When I was 16 I had a car. I never had to sneak out fortunately. I pretty much was made responsible for my own time as long as I was doing well enough in school. Since I never lived in town when I was a teenager, I can't relate to your story. Did I live a sheltered life? Nope. I did a lot of things that my parents have never found out about....which was good.

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I lived far from town to but I had all the fun stuff, I mean all the fun stuff...

We'll get that basement a rockin' again, I promise ya' that...

Frank Marcopolos said...

muchos kudos!

Chalice said...

Rockdog... Yeah like I really believe you. "Not that I was trying any of those things"... You can't fool me!! Raging hormones will make a man do many a crazy thing :)

Sirdar.. I almost feel bad you never got to experience the thrill of sneaking out. Such a rush it was! <---I just sounded like Yoda there.. oops... And yes I was a bad girl. Now Im just a bad older girl. Go figure..

Baby.. When you say we will get that basement rockin' again, you give me goosebumps.. **wicked grin** And of course you had all the fun stuff because you create fun everywhere you go :)

Brooklyn Frank.. Why Thank You!! Thank You Very Much!!

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

Bad girl? She's a bad adult. You guys are just falling for her lies. She's still a hooligan.

Chalice said...

Ohhhhh Myyy Goodness!!! Is that Ryan I spy?? I was wondering just the other day where in the hell you have been and then you show up out of no where... And what do you mean you have been gone lately? Don't you mean 2 or 3 months??? Damn! I missed ya!!! Glad to see you again!

NV... You know I am no hooligan so you quit the lie spreading. Okay, I lied I am a hooligan! I can't help myself :) NV you keep me honest!

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Damn Hooligans...hat's happenin' Big Ryan, we missed ya' around here....Just kiddin' Naaaawwwww, just kiddin' which one was it? Damn, I need sleep...

MrRyanO said...

I was always a good boy when it came to the ladies ;) At least that's what they told me...

I would hvae killed for a kick ass bedroom like that! Hell, I still would!

Jason said...

I never got to do any of that stuff when I was a teenager. All the bad girls lived on the other side of town and I knew if I got caught I would have been a dead man.