Saturday

Unlived Lives...

After living in the dark for so long,
a glimpse of light can make you giddy.
Strange thoughts come into your head
and you better think them.
Has a special fate been calling you
and your not listening?
Is there a secret message in front
of you and you're not reading it?
Is this your last, best chance?
Are you gonna take it?
Or are you going to the grave
with unlived lives in your veins?
~The Good Girl


Things are just about ready to change in my life and for the better. Sometimes change can be scary but only because you really don't have any clue what is about to happen.

I was afraid of change for a long time. Anything different from what was familiar would get me feeling anxious and the level of anxiety I would feel was overwhelming to the point where I felt like I couldn't function.

The past 2 years of my life has been filled with nothing but change and at times it was plain and simply terrifying.

Now something is different. I wouldn't exactly say I am changing anything in my life. In fact, its more like I am experiencing a metamorphosis. Yes, I am changing somewhat but its more that I am found my true self after not really knowing who I am for such a long time.

Before long, my metamorphosis will finally be complete. The final pieces of the puzzle will be in place and my life will be as it should have been all along. Its a wonderful feeling.

I know now that letting your mind go with what you have known all along is right and trusting your instincts is the best thing you could ever do for yourself. Always listen to those little voices screaming reason in your ear because they know what they are talking about. That's why they are there.

I posted the quote from the movie "The Good Girl" for a reason. It fits me. I lived in the dark for so long and finally listened and found the light. I saw my chance to have my life as I always wanted it to be and I took it. I didn't ignore those voices and for that I am a much better and happier person. No longer will I ever worry about going to the grave with unlived lives in my veins...

Life is good..... Actually its much better than I ever thought it could be!!!

2 comments:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I am so glad that I had a lil' smidgen to do with that...It only gets better from here...

Chalice said...

Oh you had more than a smidgen to do with it and you know it.. Thanks for saving me from myself baby...