Sunday

Finally Home....


Holy Crap! Am I actually going to post??




Well from the comments being made around here I guess you were all wondering if we were alive and kickin'?

Yep! We Alive!

Yep! We Kickin'!

Michael got up here Wednesday and we all have been having a terrific time together. He has been meeting so many people over the last few days I'm a little worried his head is going to explode from all of the excitement. But he is handling it incredibly as I knew he would.

I got the pleasure of meeting his mom and dad. Wow! They are even more wonderful in person. It's been a long time since I have been around people who are so down to earth, loving, caring and fun. I ended up having to work this week while they were in town which I hated. I wanted to spend time with them so bad but there will always be other times in the future. So what did they do? They took my son all over the city and made him feel very special. My son has whispered in my ear many times over the last few days how much fun he is having.

The picture I posted is of Michael and my son at a restaurant we went to with NV and her little Monkey Friday night. We had soooooooooo much fun! NV mentioned on her blog how loud Michael laughs in a movie theater and she is right! Oh.. My.. God.. Becky! Can you Believe that Laugh?!! A long time ago I would make fun of Mr. NV for his crazy loud laugh and now I have got one of my own to contend with! ***snicker*** I think NV and I are going to have to do this whole movie thing again just so we can have a contest to see exactly who is the loudest. What do ya say NV??? How much should we bet on this one cuz' it's gonna be a close one :)

Yesterday we got his parents and my parents together for brunch and it was a really good time. Our parents just started talking as if they have known each other for years. They have so much in common it's not even funny. Hell they got along so well they have already made comments about visiting one another! Blows my mind! In a million years I never thought that would happen but I am so happy that it did!

I was sad to see his parents leave yesterday. I felt bad. I wanted to spend so much more time with them than I got too but at least I know I will get many more opportunities in the years to come.

So to sum this all up..... I am incredibly happy! I am deeply in love with a wonderful man and my life could not be better if I had written the script for it myself. My son has found a great friend and someone he can look up to in Michael and that mixed in with everything else gives me an overwhelming sense of completeness.......

Michael... All of the puzzle pieces have finally fallen into place and I'm happy!

Here is to the start of a wonderful life together!!! I LOVE YOU BABY!!! Welcome Home!

And one more thing.... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

6 comments:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I am so glad to be home and have so much to do and can't wait to do it...

We will both keep ya' posted on the whole 9 or 10 yards.

Later...

Scarlett said...

I'm so happy for both of you! Really! And Your son, it seems as if you have both gained a new family!

Tonight marks our tenth anniversary as well, isn't love a wonderful thing, to know that You both have someone wonderful to spend the rest of Your lives with.

Have a Beautiful, full, year in your life together and bounty in all things as the two of you blaze a trail into Your future...

take care lovely Chalice,
scarlett

tr said...

MAY THE NEW YEAR BRING YOU JOY, PEACE AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF WRAPPED UP IN BEAUTIFUL COLORED PAPER WITH A BIG BOW ON TOP.

HAPPY NEW YEAR SWEETIE..

MrRyanO said...

Hey Chalice! Wow!~ Sounds like you folks have a beautiful thing there! I'm very happy for the both of you and wish that same happiness for many years into the future!

Now...back to your wild sneaking out and stealing cars stories! LOL!

Sirdar said...

Sounds awesome Chalice. Glad to see even the in-laws getting along. Things are going pretty good when that happens.

Happy New Year and continued happiness for 2007!!

Jason said...

Hope you have a Happy New Year.